How to use “Ainori-kun" on-demand taxi service
What is on-demand taxi service?
- It is a service offered by shared taxis circulating around the village.
- The on-demand system (that is, based on user request) provides door-to-door service (from your home or designated location to the destination), at lower fares compared with general commercial taxi service.
- This is a means to enhance the local public transportation service. Its nickname is “Ainori-kun”.
How to use Ainori-kun
1. You must apply for registration in advance.
Any resident of Tokai village is eligible for registration for the service.
Where to apply for registration or request changes in registration information
- Tokai village Office,
- 1st floor (Welfare General Affairs Section , Eldery Welfare Section)
- 3rd floor (Planning and Management Section)
- Tokai Social Welfare Council in Tokai Welfare Center “”Kizuna
- ”Nagomi” Tokai Comprehensive Support Center
2.The operators of the Tokai village on-demand taxi service(“Ainori-kun”) Information Center take reservations.
You can make reservations up to two days in advance (at least 30 minutes before your desired departure time). Wheelchair users can make reservations up to one week in advance.
For example, you might request, “I'd like to reserve a taxi for such-and-such a time on such-and-such a date, from my home to such-and-such a hospital.”
(Note) You can make a reservation at the same time for a return trip.
Contact for reservation
Tel: 029-306-2828 Fax: 029-287-1919
Monday to Friday: 7:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 7:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
3. A taxi will pick you up at your home or designated location, and take you to your desired destination, as long as both the departure point and destination are within Tokai Village.
Available service days
Monday to Saturday (not available on Sundays, national holidays, or from December 29 to January 3)
Available service hours
Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
(Note) As Ainori-kun is a shared-taxi service and vehicles are on a 30-minute cycle, pick-up/drop-off times are estimates and subject to the cycle. Please allow for enough time.
- The fare is 300 yen per ride (one way).
- A fare of 100 yen applies to the following passengers:
Anyone with physical, mental, or intellectual disabilities; anyone certified for receiving nursing care; and infants under six
(Note) Please inform us that the passenger meets one of these criteria when you apply for registration.
When you want to change your reservation
Change (cancellation) of your reservation will be accepted up to 30 minutes before the reserved time.
- Pre-school children (under six) should be accompanied by a guardian.
- Animals (pets) other than assistance dogs such as seeing-eye dogs, hearing dogs, and service dogs, are not allowed to travel with passengers.
- Please refrain from smoking inside the taxi.
- Use for business is not allowed.
- Please carefully remember your reservation by jotting down the time and date of the reservation, so that you will properly connect with your ride.
- In the morning (especially Monday morning), when telephone reservations often occupy the phone line, you may have difficulty getting through. Please try to make your reservation in the afternoon if possible.
企画総務部 秘書広報課 広報戦略・国際化担当